Wake Forest is encouraging guests not to bring a bag. All bags will be searched before entering.
- Are You Graduating in May 2021?
- Venue, Parking & Arrival Information
Venue, Parking & Arrival Information
General Venue Information
We are excited to host this year’s celebration at Wake Forest University Truist Field and the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial (LJVM) Coliseum.
Parking & Arrival Information
Information on where to park and what to expect when you arrive.
Expectations & Policies
There are several policies and procedures that will be in effect when you arrive. Make sure you familiarize yourself with them below before arriving.
Follow signage to promote social distancing, the required use of face coverings, and the latest guidelines from public health officials. Specific gate information and times will be released with your tickets.
- During any emergency inside the venue, follow the directions of the announcer, event staff and emergency responders. Assist individuals who may not be able to hear the emergency announcements.
- Always designate a predetermined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family if you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
- Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
- Specific emergency instructions are provided for the guests in McCreary Tower and Bridger Field House. Patrons at those locations should read and be familiar with the emergency evacuation instruction located in each building.
- Do not use elevators in the event of a fire evacuation or power failure.
- If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes concern, report the activity to the nearest police officer or event staff.
- Emergency vehicles may be present. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic are subject to being towed at the owner’s expense.
- Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
- The Truist Field celebration is rain or shine, so dress accordingly. The event may be canceled if there is severe weather. If there is severe weather during the event, please be prepared to evacuate the stadium and return to your car.
All COVID-19 policy enforcement will be maintained at the discretion of Wake Forest staff, Wake Forest University Police Department and the Winston-Salem Police Department. Wake Forest University reserves the right to eject or refuse entry for any reason.
All attendees are required to wear an approved personal face covering while in indoor venues (LJVM). Face coverings are optional (but encouraged) while at Truist Field.
Approved face coverings must:
- Be made with at least two layers of breathable material.
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and stay secure under the chin.
- Fit tight but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Be secured to allow the guest to keep the covering in place without using his/her hands.
Based on guidance from health officials, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, neck covering gaiters, or materials with holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Additionally, costume masks are also not considered appropriate face coverings and are prohibited from being worn inside LJVM.
Visual cues and guidelines will be posted to assist guests with ingress and promote social distancing. A reminder that the University recommends that you not bring a bag to the ceremonies, all bags will be searched, and all guests will pass through a metal detector before entry.
Re-Entry will NOT be allowed at ceremonies.
Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed strategically throughout the concourses for use by guests and staff. Additionally, sanitizer stations will be placed at key entrances and high-contact locations.
In an effort to maintain the safest possible environment for guests at events hosted at Truist Field and LJVM Coliseum, Wake Forest will implement a metal detector program at those two facilities. The screening process will require additional time, so guests are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays.
Guests are encouraged to remove all items from their pockets while they are inline instead of waiting until they reach the metal detection area. That will speed the process and keep the lines flowing.
After having bags checked, guests will pass through the metal detectors and then have tickets scanned for entry to the venue. Those entering will not typically be requested to remove belts, coins, jackets, jewelry, watches, shoes or other small objects. They will be asked to remove electronics (phones, cameras, etc.) and keys from their pockets prior to the detection process.
Truist Field parking lots will open two hours prior to the commencement ceremony, and guests must have a ticket to commencement to enter the parking lot. Additionally, equipment such as tents, tables, grills, etc., is not permitted. Tailgating is prohibited at Truist Field, LJVM, and any other University Lots.
Pets & Animals
Not permitted within the stadium (except for trained service animals for spectators with disabilities) and are discouraged from the parking lots.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Backpacks (Including clear)
- Balls & frisbees
- Binoculars case
- Cameras with a lens greater than 6”
- Car seats
- Fanny pack
- Fireworks or any explosives
- Florals are subject to search and must be cleared through the metal detectors.
- Ice chests/coolers
- Laptop computers
- Laser pointers
- Metal, glass, or hard plastic containers
- Metal or hard plastic frame chairs or seat cushions
- Outside food or beverages
- Guests may bring in one factory-sealed water bottle.
- Signs, banners, flags, and balloons of any kind
- Tinted plastic bags
- Video cameras
- Wrapped gifts
- Anything deemed hazardous or unsafe by WFUPD, WSPD, or Event Staff
Prohibited inside the seating bowl, concourses, on Deacon Hill, and inside McCreary Tower. Smoking/Vaping is allowed on the concourses. LJVM Coliseum is a smoke-free facility. Tobacco products, e-cigarettes, and vaporizers are not to be used inside the facility.
Guests are advised to practice social distancing by maintaining a six-foot distance between people outside of their group. This will occur in parking lots, queue lines, common spaces, and within elevators.
Tailgating is prohibited at Truist Field, LJVM, and any other University Lots.