Graduates: Please take a moment and read the following information and instructions carefully.
5/14 Update: Masks are optional (but encouraged) at the outdoor undergraduate commencement celebration at Truist Field on Sunday night.
What to bring and wear
- Wear your cap & gown.
- Consider carefully your choice of shoes. Stairs will be part of the processional, recessional, and entering and exiting the diploma platform.
- You are encouraged to not bring a bag. All bags will be searched at entry.
- You may not bring in any food or drink. Bottled water will be provided for you at your seat.
- Masks must be worn while indoors. Masks are optional (but encouraged) during the commencement celebration at Truist Field on Sunday night. Solid-colored masks or masks with a Wake Forest themed print are preferred.
- You will be allowed to remove your mask if you are wearing one Sunday night while crossing the stage. There will be a photo backdrop with a professional photographer on the floor at the stage exit. After your diploma photo is taken, you will need to re-mask if you choose to.
When to arrive and where to go
- You need to 1 hour before the ceremony.
- If you are driving yourself, park in the Mountain Dew Lot. You may enter the lot by either Deacon Blvd. or University Pkwy.
- If you are riding with your parents/guests, park in the Sierra Mist Lot. Your vehicle should enter the lot by Deacon Blvd. You will then walk over to the Allegacy entrance (graduates and faculty only). Your guests will enter the coliseum through the main entrance and need to be seated at least 10 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Tailgating is not permitted under Wake Forest Ahtletics policy. Guests and graduates must promptly depart the parking areas after the conclusion of their ceremony so that we may prepare for the arrival of guests for the next ceremony.
- When you enter the coliseum through the Allegacy entrance, you will be directed to a backstage area of the concourse.
- Uber drivers will enter through the main entrance off University Parkway, drop off in front of the monuments next to the administration building area next to the Mountain Dew Lot (there is a little cutout next to the monuments they pull into). Uber drivers will exit the Mountain Dew Lot onto Deacon Blvd.
What to expect
- Inside, you will be directed to a roped off portion of the concourse and will assemble and line-up in this area.
- University Registrar and WFU staff will be distributing Name & Lineup cards. You need to pick up your card and begin lining up no later than one hour before the start time of your ceremony.
- You must hold on to your name card through the processional, while seated, and then take the card to the platform. Just before crossing the platform, you will hand off the name card for your name to be read.
- After handing off the name card, you may remove your mask if you choose to do so. As your name is called, you will cross the stage and meet the President midway for an elbow bump, a health and safety measure this year to replace the traditional hand shake. You will then receive your diploma from the Dean just before exiting the stage. After exiting the stage, there will be a backdrop for the diploma photo by a professional photographer. Immediately after the photo, you will may re-mask. You will then return to your seat.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, you will join the faculty and graduate recessional leading out of the building. You may return to your vehicle in the Mountain Dew Lot or meet your parents/guests in the Sierra Mist Lot.
- All guests and graduates will be asked to not linger as we need to clean and be ready for the next ceremony.
Please continue to monitor your email and the website for other important updates and information.
Office of Commencement
Parking & Arrival Information
Additional information on where to park and what to expect when you arrive can be found on our parking and arrival information page.