Family & Guest Preparations
- Remind your degree candidate to apply to graduate in May 2020 by the November 30, 2019 deadline. The graduate should also consult his or her Degree Evaluation in WIN to verify progress toward graduation requirements.
- Make hotel reservations. Contact information for local hotels can be found on the Wake Forest University website. You can find additional information here.
- Review the Commencement website for details including the weekend schedule, ticket registration, and parking information.
- Encourage your graduate to attend the Grad Fair held in March. Graduates can order cap, gown, and tassel (sold only as a package), graduation announcements, class rings and diploma frames.
- Discuss Commencement Weekend ticket needs with your graduate and other family members and determine the final number of tickets you will need for the Baccalaureate Ceremony, Baccalaureate Brunch, Commencement Breakfast, and Commencement Ceremony prior to registering for tickets.
- Online ticket registration opens in March. Your student will receive an email with the registration link. Only students can register for tickets. The maximum number of tickets available for each graduate will NOT be reduced at any point, so there is no benefit to registering for tickets before your ticket needs/quantities have been finalized. Tickets may be ordered online until May 1.
- All BA and BS degree recipients who will march in the May graduation exercises are asked to complete a voice recording of their name and fill out the name pronunciation form. This will ensure that your graduate’s name is pronounced correctly during the commencement ceremony. The form should be submitted by April 30.
- Check campus weather. Graduation exercises are held outside and last less than three hours, but temperatures in May can vary widely.
- Take note of the severe weather plan.
- Stay up to date with real-time Commencement information, to opt-in text:
WFUEvents to 226787.
Wake Forest University is offering a new way this spring to keep graduates and their family and friends informed about Commencement weekend activities scheduled for May 15-18. Those coming to Commencement have the opportunity to opt-in to receive select Commencement updates and reminders by text from the Wake Forest Commencement Office. They also would receive potential texts about safety and security matters, including emergencies.