October – November
- Apply to graduate by the November 30 deadline. The online application to become a degree candidate is located under Virtual Campus in WIN. To apply to become a May 2018 degree candidate go to WIN > Virtual Campus > Your Student Records > Apply for Graduation > Term Selection > and select “Fall 2017″ for May 2018 degree candidacy.
- Once you have applied, a complete degree evaluation will be processed by your major department and by staff in the Office of the University Registrar to determine whether or not you are on track to graduate in May.
- You should regularly visit DegreeWorks in WIN to confirm that all of your courses are meeting the appropriate degree requirements.
- Register for the courses needed to complete your degree during Spring registration for classes. Verify that with your Spring courses, you have completed all degree, major, minor, and concentration requirements.
- Check DegreeWorks in WIN to verify progress toward graduation requirements. Contact the Office of the University Registrar with any questions about status.
- Check the Commencement website for up-to-date information and direct your family to the website.
- The 2018 Commencement booklet will be mailed to your family at your permanent address in late February. You can view the online version here.
- Discuss Commencement Weekend ticket needs with your family members and determine the final number of tickets you will need for the Baccalaureate Ceremony, Baccalaureate Brunch, Commencement Breakfast and Commencement Ceremony.
- Reserve tickets online. Online ticket registration opens in early March. After an order has been placed, subsequent online orders or revisions can be made, however there is a no refund policy for all purchased tickets. At no time will graduates be denied the maximum number of tickets.
- Students needing additional tickets to official ceremonies are encouraged to ask classmates, who do not need all tickets, to order the maximum and share the extras. Students need to make these arrangements themselves.
- Attend the Grad Fair on March 14, 15 in the Green Room, Reynolda Hall from 10:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. This two-day event will be your first opportunity to order cap, gown & tassel (available only as a package). Students can also order graduation announcements, class rings and diploma frames. Representatives from the Office of the University Registrar and the Commencement Office will be available to answer questions. You will be asked to check the name to be placed on your diploma and your diploma’s shipping address for correctness.
- All graduating seniors (College BA and BS candidates) are asked to fill out the name pronunciation form by April 30. This will ensure that the graduate’s name is pronounced correctly during the commencement ceremony.
- Schedule your exit interview with Financial Aid, if applicable.
- Pay fines or other financial debts on your student account. Your account must be cleared before your graduation.
- Informational emails from the Office of the University Registrar are sent as the graduation ceremony approaches. Read these carefully and respond appropriately.
- Pay fines or other financial debts on your student account by Friday, May 11 at the latest, so that payment can be processed in time for graduation.
- Check out the upcoming Young Alumni Club events and apply for your alumni email address that will move with you wherever you go.
- Pick up your cap, gown & tassel at the College Bookstore beginning the first day of final exams. Payment is due when the regalia is picked up.
- Tickets are not mailed.* Pick up your tickets and parking passes in front of the College Bookstore on Friday and Saturday, May 18 and 19, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Please be prepared to show ID. The Bookstore will be open both days for cap & gown distribution as well.
*Fulfillment of ticket requests is contingent upon successful completion of your courses this term, which is determined by the Office of the University Registrar. Should you fail to meet graduation or participation requirements, we will not be able to satisfy your ticket request.